Filamatrix’s PETG 3D Filament is a great alternative for makers looking to branch out from PLA. PETG has physical properties similar to ABS, but prints much easier with very little warping. It adheres to a variety of surfaces and can even print without a heated bed. It has very good layer-to-layer adhesion during prints, which makes for high strength and stiff parts. PETG Filament is naturally transparent, and printed parts have a smooth, glossy finish.
Our PETG Filament is proudly made in the USA to the tightest diameter tolerance on the market. Filamatrix filaments are designed and developed by engineers with 50+ years of experience in plastic extrusion. All Filamatrix products are repeatedly tested for color uniformity and physical properties through an in-house print lab, consisting of numerous printer manufacturers. Physical properties of printed test bars are checked by a certified outside lab.
- Recommended nozzle temperature: 225° – 255° C
- Recommended bed temperature: 55° – 85° C
- Recommended drying temperature: 60° C, 6-12 hours
TIPS FOR OPTIMAL PRINTING
- While a heated bed is not required for printing, starting around 70 °C may give better results.
- PETG adheres to a variety of build surfaces (PEI, glass, PET tape, etc.).
A FEW WORDS ABOUT DRYING
- All 3D printer filaments are at least somewhat prone to absorbing water (hydroscopic)
- PETG absorbs moisture faster than PLA, so it may be noticeable sooner
- Indications of moisture problems include popping or spitting when printing and stringy prints
- Drying may be done in a dedicated filament dryer, oven, or food dehydrator
- For casual to moderate printers we recommend this product (Opens in new window. No compensation is received.)
- For PETG, dry six to twelve hours at 60° C (140° F)