PET CF is a carbon fiber-filled PET (not PETG) material that is very easy to print, with excellent mechanical properties, including high Z-layer strength. PET CF experiences minimal warping, and the finished part exhibits a superb surface finish, minimizing the need for post-processing. There are no issues with retraction and no need for a heated chamber.
PET materials inherently take up moisture from the surrounding atmosphere due to the nature of their chemistry. When most polymers are extruded with high moisture content, the chains in the polymer will break. When this happens, you may notice a change in viscosity and melt strength of the melted polymer. An obvious sign of your nylon being too wet is popping noises as the material is extruded, as this is the moisture in the material vaporizing. All PET materials are shipped in vacuum-sealed bags to prevent moisture uptake during shipping and storage.
PET CF Filament is proudly made in the USA to the tightest diameter tolerance on the market. Filamatrix filaments are designed and developed by engineers with 50+ years of experience in plastic extrusion. All Filamatrix products are repeatedly tested for color uniformity and physical properties through an in-house print lab, consisting of numerous printer manufacturers. Physical properties of printed test bars are checked by a certified outside lab.
- Recommended nozzle temperature: 245 – 270 °C
- Recommended bed temperature: 50 °C
- Recommended drying temperature: 70 °C
TIPS FOR OPTIMAL PRINTING
- A variety of build surfaces (glass, PET tape, PEI, etc.) may be used.
- PET is moisture sensitive; measures should be taken to keep the filament dry.
- Carbon Fiber is abrasive; abrasion resistant nozzles are recommended.
- Generally, slower speeds, larger nozzles, and thicker layers are recommended as a starting point, but feel free to experiment with other settings.