Though standard PLA material is a popular option in many industries, Filamatrix’s Tough PLA 3D filament is in a class by itself. Designed for higher impact strength and greatly enhanced durability, our version of PLA yields significantly stronger parts, expanding the range of print possibilities. Our Tough PLA filament is also gentle on your printer nozzle, making it easier to print while reducing errors. This makes it ideal for makers looking for parts with improved strength without having to learn how to use new material. Tough PLA is ideal for printers that may be limited by nozzle temperature or unheated build plates.
Our Tough PLA Filament is proudly made in the USA to the tightest diameter tolerance on the market. Filamatrix filaments are designed and developed by engineers with 50+ years of experience in plastic extrusion. All Filamatrix products are repeatedly tested for color uniformity and physical properties through an in-house print lab, consisting of numerous printer manufacturers. Physical properties of printed test bars are checked by a certified outside lab.
- Recommended nozzle temperature: 200-220 °C
- Recommended bed temperature: room temperature to 60 °C
- Recommended drying temperature: not required
TIPS FOR OPTIMAL PRINTING
- While a heated bed is not required for printing, starting around 60 °C may give better results.
- Tough PLA adheres to a variety of build surfaces (glass, PEI, etc.).